Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

E-mini Futures Trading Laboratory S&P, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell, Dax and more - index futures

Like Tree16Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: I Can Help with the E-mini, Spookywill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosu »
you're still my favorite chief trading advisor for a hedge fund listed on the internet. (Just kidding!)
And you're still my useless trading bum with absolutely nothing helpful to say, whatsoever...
gosu likes this.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #10

Ignore this user

While meditating earlier I became the significantly_large_sampl e_size and I realized I was the disinformation that was limiting me in ways I do not want to be limited. Please help me get back to where the information is outside me and I am free to choose which information I am.

Will it help me if I practice saying I am? Will it help to end every sentence with the words I am? How can I ever become more than the disinformation and become who I am?
Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #11

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshahan »
The stop was 1373, the target was the lows of 4.10 I got stopped out on copper for penny $250)loss.

I reversed the S&P position and went long at 1366.50 the rational for which I covered in another post. THe S&P profit was only 3.5 points.

The resulting long position gave me the big profit I was attempting to get. The stop is at 1362.50 which is just below the Globex low. Target potentially is new highs. The next resistance area is 1392, then the 1400 area.(3:42 pm CST.) I am still holding the long position.

I am still trying to determine how to deliver timely trade information. I will attempt to post someting premarket tomorrow.

I have to figure out how to share the methodology as it can't be done with out charts and more verbalization than I am willing to atempt.

I did post a thread warning not to go short the ES at 1:30 (PM, CST)when there was a small consolidation formation around 1380 which hopefully was helpful

SpookyWill
Thank you for posting your analysis. Please continue posting whatever you have. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #12

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom »
Spookywill,

You just go right ahead and post whatever you want, and try to ignore the folks who don't appreciate your generosity.

Thanks for your kindness.

Luv,
Phantom
It's not that the generosity isn't appreciated, Phantom.

There's a hell of a lot of information to sift through on this forum. If somebody is presenting something that works, then it makes sense that they do this by demonstrating its effectiveness over a sustained period. If they do this then people like myself will pay attention and go away and investigate it ourselves. But a handful of trades . . . it's pretty meaningless . . . what am I meant to do with that information?

Would you risk your money just because someone on a forum told you something worked and gave you a half a dozen chart examples? Of course not.

You use volatility breakouts in your trading, I believe? So did Larry Williams. If I go and look at pretty much any Larry Williams book he will give backtest results spanning decades for each strategy he describes. Now that's something that I can actually use . . .

Bluehorseshoe
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueHorseshoe For This Useful Post:
SunTrader (04-14-2012)
Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #13

Ignore this user

You ask a reasonable question. When you answer it the items not included in the quote become less important within your hierarchy of things.

Quote:
a handful of trades . . . it's pretty meaningless . . . what am I meant to do with that information?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #14

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHorseshoe »
But a handful of trades . . . it's pretty meaningless . . . what am I meant to do with that information?
BHS,

The man is trying to show you trades as they are happening, in pseudo-realtime.

I don't see how anyone can casually say that the info is useless, unless what they are really saying is "please spoon feed me because I'm much too lazy to investigate this stuff on my own..."

So what you are meant to do with the info is to use it as fodder in your own system development. I don't know if you've read my thread or not, but I absolutely refused to spoon feed folks that wanted an easy way to profitability. I told several naysayers that if they were going to make the information I gave their own, then they were going to have to roll up their sleeves and test it for themselves. How else is someone going to gain the confidence to trade the info consistently?

But to say that without backtest results, the info is useless is really a slap in the face to the man that is supplying the info to you in the first place. So, show a little respect and be a little more sensitive to others, and who knows? He may open the floodgates...

I know that that's what made me want to give more...

Luv,
Phantom
The Following User Says Thank You to phantom For This Useful Post:
estate1997 (04-14-2012)
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #15

Ignore this user

To be completely fair to BHS, and others who may not know how to utilize this information, may I make a small request to Spookywill?

It would be immensely helpful if you provided a modicum of rationale for your entries, exit targets, etc. Instead of "I entered at this level which was at X and the Globex high was at Y..." it would definitely help if you were to say something akin to "I entered here because I saw price rejection at this level back at point Z and the market has a tendancy to do such and such between said price levels...whatever..."

It never hurts to supply a little insight to your decision-making process along the way.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #16

Ignore this user

Phantom, in defence of BHs, he's the most dedicated developer on the forum in terms of public effort to be on top of the things that are on his path. His effort's are inspiring. He's a great guy with excellent manners just having some difficulty with the scientific method and striving to keep things ordered the way he prefers them.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: