Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

joshdance

Equities 2012 Calendar

I'm working on my 2012 trading calendar, and I would like to put the major news releases on a monthly view so that I can print each month.

As far as economic reports go, the ones that come to mind that are the most important are:

*NFP (next March 9)

*FOMC statement (next on March 13)

* Advance GDP (next April 27) <-- not really sure about this, anyone?

Though I've traded through a few, should I include FOMC meeting minutes, or the quarterly "Economic Projection" by the fed (next on Mar 13 along with the statement)?

Also, advance GDP is the earliest GDP release, and is ahead of the prelim GDP, so that's why I thought perhaps the Advance GDP would be the best GDP number to look at, and of course the final GDP is the least shocking number.

I will also likely include Jackson Hole which is in August.

Of course I do not wish to include consumer confidence, PPI, weekly unemployment claims, etc., to a calendar which contains mostly monthly or less often events. To be clear of course, I will have the daily reports at hand so I know when they are, but I'm looking for the potential "game changer" kind of reports such as fed days and NFP days.

So am I missing anything noteworthy?

Take a look at these as they may help:-

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/us-economic-calendar.aspx- select monthly view

http://fxtrade.oanda.com/resources/economic_calendar/ec.pdf

I know these have everything, but that is a good start. As far as what to include, well it can depend. You have some. At the moment, it's probably going to be useful to note down ECB decisions/press confs aswell.

Take a look at these as they may help:-

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/us-economic-calendar.aspx- select monthly view

http://fxtrade.oanda.com/resources/economic_calendar/ec.pdf

I know these have everything, but that is a good start. As far as what to include, well it can depend. You have some. At the moment, it's probably going to be useful to note down ECB decisions/press confs aswell.

Thanks N -- I already have a good econ calendar I use, so those above will not give me anything I don't already have. I'm not looking for a stock calendar, but rather significant events to place on my own calendar. Each day I will pull up the calendar as I want to know the number after it comes out anyway; but I'm looking for significant, monthly/quarterly type of news. For example, I have printed and on my wall a monthly view, and I have next week's rollover and NFP, and the following week's fed day, and 4x opex Friday.

Thanks for the suggestion about ECB events, will consider some of those for the calendar.