Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

E-mini Futures Trading Laboratory S&P, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell, Dax and more - index futures

Like Tree1Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #1

Ignore this user

Skype Room for Full Time Traders

Hi All,
I'm looking to start a skype room for full time traders only. This room will be audio so nobody has to type. The goal is to have colleagues discuss the market in real time and have fun trading with others.

About me, I'm a full time trader that has become consistently profitable almost everyday of the week. My primary vehicle is ES but I also trade TF and CL on occassions.. I don't use indicators at all, not even moving average. My trading method in a nut shell is a combination method of Market Profile and Mark Fisher ACD along with other levels I lean on, and I read price around my levels to decide if I want to lean on it or not.. I don't use indicators and trade levels.. I see the market as moving from level to level and I trade that way... I also call out my trades in real time as I place them so you will quickly know my track record both wins and losses and that I'm not BSing you when I tell you I'm consistently profitable..

This room will be limited to 5-10 persons max.. The only thing I ask is that you are a full time trader committed to trading for a living and that you're also a consistently profitable trader as I am along with another friend I trade with. I don't care what your methodology is as long as you're consistently profitable and that you're also willing to call out your trades in real time so we know you are where you say you are, a consistently profitable traders as we are. This room is not meant to train newbies but proficient traders only that wants company with other proficient traders while trading to keep each other sharp and grow as traders.. I have nothing against sharing with others as I am always willing to do so generously, but I was in a skype room where it got exhausting sharing with newbies that it really distracts from my trading, yet I enjoyed the company sharing successes and reading the market.. If you're interested in trading with other proficient traders and like this idea where the communication is audio in real time, please PM me..

Thx,
TZ

Last edited by TRADEZILLA; 10-28-2011 at 11:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TRADEZILLA For This Useful Post:
Ants88 (11-03-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Skype Room for Full Time Traders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADEZILLA »
Hi All,
I'm looking to start a skype room for full time traders only. This room will be audio so nobody has to type. The goal is to have colleagues discuss the market in real time and have fun trading with others.

About me, I'm a full time trader that has become consistently profitable almost everyday of the week. My primary vehicle is ES but I also trade TF and CL on occassions.. I don't use indicators at all, not even moving average. My trading method in a nut shell is a combination method of Market Profile and Mark Fisher ACD along with other levels I lean on, and I read price around my levels to decide if I want to lean on it or not.. I don't use indicators and trade levels.. I see the market as moving from level to level and I trade that way... I also call out my trades in real time as I place them so you will quickly know my track record both wins and losses and that I'm not BSing you when I tell you I'm consistently profitable..

This room will be limited to 5-10 persons max.. The only thing I ask is that you are a full time trader committed to trading for a living and that you're also a consistently profitable trader as I am along with another friend I trade with. I don't care what your methodology is as long as you're consistently profitable and that you're also willing to call out your trades in real time so we know you are where you say you are, a consistently profitable traders as we are. This room is not meant to train newbies but proficient traders only that wants company with other proficient traders while trading to keep each other sharp and grow as traders.. I have nothing against sharing with others as I am always willing to do so generously, but I was in a skype room where it got exhausting sharing with newbies that it really distracts from my trading, yet I enjoyed the company sharing successes and reading the market.. If you're interested in trading with other proficient traders and like this idea where the communication is audio in real time, please PM me..

Thx,
TZ
Hi,

How do you and others manage the skype room if many are talking at the "same time" especially when members may be calling out trades in real-time at the "same time" but in opposite direction of each other (e.g. trader A say he's Long and trader B says he's Short). ???

Will there be a "verification" of profitability to get into the skype room or will all take each other's word that they are profitable ?

Will there be a "verification" of trades at the end of the trading day ?
Old 10-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #3

Ignore this user

WRB Trader,
This room will be made small specifically for that purpose... I take on average 3-5 trades/day and most trade similar frequencies so there should be plenty of downtime to discuss the market and our rationale..

I don't expect others to show me their PNL and verify their executions in their accounts since we all trade different size accounts and that may be a bit private.. However, I don't mind showing my PNL and verify my daily trades but I don't want to be the only one doing it.. For me, I don't need to see your PNL to know if you're a skilled trader. I believe if we can just hear each other's entries and exits in real time, we can easily know in a very short period of time if we are amongst other skilled traders..

The goal of this room is not to call out trades for other traders..Its to keep each other sharp and continue to grow in our skills. In the current skype room I'm in, I'm amongst the only one giving my trades in real time and even giving detailed explanations of why I took the trade as well as how I formed my directional bias, but this is tiresome when its one sided and has to be typed...

BTW-I'm not a scalper though I have nothing against it and was a consistent scalper at one point in the past . Currently, I average about 3-7 points when my trades work out..

Thx,
TZ
Old 10-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #4

Ignore this user

BTW-my 3-7pt is the range of my ave trade, not the total gains of the trade...
Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 AM   #5

Ignore this user

If you are going to do something like this, let me suggest that you only use skype at the start/end of trading. I think something like googlewave would be better to use throughout the day as it is orientated to sharing information and communally editing it.

TheNegotiator.

Sovereign Debt Yield Spreads

To contribute is to learn. Don't be that student who always sits at the back of the class.

Day Trading the E-mini Futures
- Discussing and trading the E-minis every day!

Bigger Picture in E-minis Discussion
- Tryin' to see the wood for the trees ;)
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #6

Ignore this user

FUZE will allow you to use either a free phone line, VOIP or Skype for verbal communication among members and it will also allow members to share screens and only one member needs to have a subscription - free for up to 100 members and the prime user can control access.
"Success in the markets is not about instinct, divine inspiration or spontaneous intellectual combustion. It is about intelligent data processing, sound method and the management of risk and resource that is both effective and adaptive to change."
The Following User Says Thank You to UrmaBlume For This Useful Post:
wrbtrader (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #7

Ignore this user

Thanks for the recommendation...I never heard of this FUZE before until now. Did some research and I like this application a lot especially considering I'm currently looking to purchase an iPad for use as a collaboration tool with family/friends (there spread around the world and using different communication devices) and business associates. FUZE seems to be able to communicate with others using different devices/application...that's a big plus to me.

Fuze Meeting - Web Conferencing Software

Old 11-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #8

Ignore this user

Thanks for the suggestion, but skype worked just fine today.. We were able to discuss so much more in real time, with analysis that cannot even be attempted real time if we had to type as we're timing our entries.. Thus far, the traders in the group all had nice contributions..

Today was a tough day to trade though with a tight range where the set ups were not attractive to me due to the R/R ratio and the range I saw.. There were many set ups to both the long and short side that were mentioned though passed over...

From the very opening, my comments were that we were likely in a 2 sided market that can break either way but the greater probability was to the downside and that bias was maintained the whole day. "If we broke to the upside, its not likely to go far, therefore the better trade was to short the top of the range rather than to buy the bottom because the bigger move is likely to the downside.." Though I shorted 66.25 after the 67.50 area failed after lunch, I closed out of my position much too soon and didn't put much size behind it because there was HV support inside the range close within a few points from the entry point.,. big mistake....The take away is that you always have to give your bigger bias a chance to work out.. sometimes in an attempt to read price, we will read outselves out of an existing trade by being penny wise but dollar foolish....

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: