Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sr100m

Strategy from HIgh Probability Trading - Marcel Link

This strategy is from p263 of my edition of Marcel Links High Probability Trading. The concept appeals to me (vary the exit strategy depending on market conditions) and would like to test it in TS8 but I am coming up against my current very limited easylanguage skills.

It is, I think, in 2000i easylanguage (I asked someone who has 2000i to look at it but they could not get it to work in 2000i either so there seem to be errors in the published code).

I've attached a zip with the original and one with my changes based on trying to verify the code in TS8. The changes I have made are

- change all instances of buy("LongExit") to buy, sell("shortentry") to sell short etc.

- change the 'On Close' to 'next bar at open' in the entry signal section

i then came up against 'From Entry("Buy1")' in the {stops} section where I got an error 'market stop and limit orders must specify next bar'. This combined wit the 'at$', which may or may not be a typo has left unsure what to do next.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me advance my EL skills by pointing out how to make this work.

marcellink.zip

Hi sr100

Well... it doesn't work 4 many reasons

IMO First U should define the rules like in this example below

{

Entry Rules

1. RSI(14) must be above 50.

2. DMIPlus(10) must be above DMIMinus(10)

3. If above conditions are fulfilled, buy at today's close + 5 ticks stop

Exit Rules

1. $1,500 money management stop.

2. Lowest low of last 10 days trailing stop.

}

Edited by aaa

This strategy is from p263 of my edition of Marcel Links High Probability Trading. The concept appeals to me (vary the exit strategy depending on market conditions) and would like to test it in TS8 but I am coming up against my current very limited easylanguage skills.

It is, I think, in 2000i easylanguage (I asked someone who has 2000i to look at it but they could not get it to work in 2000i either so there seem to be errors in the published code).

I've attached a zip with the original and one with my changes based on trying to verify the code in TS8. The changes I have made are

- change all instances of buy("LongExit") to buy, sell("shortentry") to sell short etc.

- change the 'On Close' to 'next bar at open' in the entry signal section

i then came up against 'From Entry("Buy1")' in the {stops} section where I got an error 'market stop and limit orders must specify next bar'. This combined wit the 'at$', which may or may not be a typo has left unsure what to do next.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me advance my EL skills by pointing out how to make this work.

if you can articulate your logic,

maybe I will take a look in my spare time.

you need more than the code to get a good program going...

you need to draw a flow chart,

it will help you to visualize your thought process.

Otherwise this is nothing but a circular exercise.

Edited by Tams