Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Coding Forum Collaborate, receive help, or discuss indicators and other coding-related topics

Reply
Old 02-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #9

Tams's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geelong
Posts: 4,056
Ignore this user

Thanks: 2,273
Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,007 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

yes, you need to make it an indicator.

1. copy the code into your editor,
2. compile
3. after successful compilation, insert the indicator into your chart.
Tams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #10

Fredd's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 22
Ignore this user

Thanks: 24
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams »
yes, you need to make it an indicator.

1. copy the code into your editor,
2. compile
3. after successful compilation, insert the indicator into your chart.

Hi,

I tried to compile your zigzag, but it gave a syntax error at this line:

SwingTime(time_s)

Error message: Word not recognized by EasyLanguage

Unfortunately I am not an EasyLanguage expert, could someone compile it into an indicator? Thanks in advance.
Fredd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #11

Tams's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geelong
Posts: 4,056
Ignore this user

Thanks: 2,273
Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,007 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd »
Hi,
I tried to compile your zigzag, but it gave a syntax error at this line:
SwingTime(time_s)
Error message: Word not recognized by EasyLanguage
Unfortunately I am not an EasyLanguage expert, could someone compile it into an indicator? Thanks in advance.
What program are you using?

SwingTime is a declared variable. It should not give you problem.

That leaves only time_s. But this is a reserved word, i.e. the word is built into tradestation and MultiCharts.
Tams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #12

Tams's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geelong
Posts: 4,056
Ignore this user

Thanks: 2,273
Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,007 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd »
Hi,
I tried to compile your zigzag, but it gave a syntax error at this line:
SwingTime(time_s)
Error message: Word not recognized by EasyLanguage
Unfortunately I am not an EasyLanguage expert, could someone compile it into an indicator? Thanks in advance.
you can try this: replace time_s with a zero.

change
SwingTime(time_s) ;

to

SwingTime(0) ;
.
Tams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #13

Tams's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geelong
Posts: 4,056
Ignore this user

Thanks: 2,273
Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,007 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus »
Thanks for sharing. I particularly love the HH/LL indicator. So many new traders can't grasp this concept and to have it literally spelled out for them is a very powerful learning tool.
Kudos to you!
if you combine ZigZag with the HH/LL indicator...
the chart will give you a whole new vision.

;-)
Tams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #14

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: US
Posts: 314
Ignore this user

Thanks: 86
Thanked 210 Times in 89 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams »
That leaves only time_s. But this is a reserved word, i.e. the word is built into tradestation and MultiCharts.
Thank you for your contributions, Tam, and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, tradestation (TS) does not have timing in seconds resolution and time_s is not a reserved word in TS EasyLanguage (EL). so you should preface a lot of your MC EL trendline code by noting that it may not be TS compatible.

For example, most of the functions with seconds resolution in MC, such as time_s, TL_SetEnd_s, TL_SetBegin_s etc need to be replaced with their equivalent TS versions such as: time, TL_SetEnd, TL_SetBegin.

Another caveat is that MC can handle EL errors, especially trendline code errors, without throwing up exception as much as TS. What you will find is that TS will often not plot MC trendline codes at all and you have to debug the program completely when moving from MC to TS.
thrunner is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thrunner For This Useful Post:
Fredd (02-14-2009), jjcharter (04-15-2009), RickAce (08-18-2009), sneo (02-13-2009), Tams (02-13-2009)
Old 02-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #15

Tams's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geelong
Posts: 4,056
Ignore this user

Thanks: 2,273
Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,007 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrunner »
Thank you for your contributions, Tam, and welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately, tradestation (TS) does not have timing in seconds resolution and time_s is not a reserved word in TS EasyLanguage (EL). so you should preface a lot of your MC EL trendline code by noting that it may not be TS compatible.
For example, most of the functions with seconds resolution in MC, such as time_s, TL_SetEnd_s, TL_SetBegin_s etc need to be replaced with their equivalent TS versions such as: time, TL_SetEnd, TL_SetBegin.
Another caveat is that MC can handle EL errors, especially trendline code errors, without throwing up exception as much as TS. What you will find is that TS will often not plot MC trendline codes at all and you have to debug the program completely when moving from MC to TS.
Thanks for the heads up.
Somehow I always thought time_s is a standard reserved word in tradestation.

In that case, I better make 2 versions of each code, if seconds are involved.
Tams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #16

Tams's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geelong
Posts: 4,056
Ignore this user

Thanks: 2,273
Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,007 Posts

Re: Free EasyLanguage Indicators

HL Bracket v2.2

This program marks the High and Low of n bars back.
Useful as a guide for stops, break outs, scalping, etc.

The number will reverse color when the price breaches the bracket.
.
Attached Thumbnails
Free EasyLanguage Indicators-hl_bracket_v22.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: txt HL_Bracket_v22.txt (2.7 KB, 377 views)
Tams is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tams For This Useful Post:
aaa (06-13-2009), jjcharter (04-15-2009)

Reply

Tags
code, eld, free, indicator, technical analysis

Thread Tools
Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread:

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Labels in EasyLanguage keymoo Coding Forum 8 11-12-2013 09:09 PM
Buy at Open with Easylanguage cleon Coding Forum 5 03-02-2011 11:16 AM
Some EasyLanguage Help Please jjthetrader Coding Forum 8 06-02-2008 04:20 PM
Easylanguage and Script Help darknite999 Coding Forum 49 04-15-2008 07:37 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CS to VB integration by DeskLancer
2006-2011 Traders Laboratory, All Rights Reserved.