Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Coding Forum Collaborate, receive help, or discuss indicators and other coding-related topics

Old 08-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #1

Ignore this user

E Signal

Does anyone have an indicator you like for the E Signal platform?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
forsearch

Ignore this user

Re: E Signal

Sure Johnny.

It's called PRICE.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #3

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsearch »
Sure Johnny.

It's called PRICE.

funny. that's the one I use too!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #4

Ignore this user

Glad I signed up for the blog. Big help.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #5

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,800 Times in 897 Posts

Asking what indicator you like really doesn't mean much unless the person then teaches you how they use it. For example, in this post the OP mentions uses of 2 different moving averages. Those can be found on any platform easily. All throughout this forum, you will find discussions of different indicators but it requires YOU to do some leg work to find them and then research them.

And if that's not good enough, head over to stockcharts.com and read up on the many different indicators they discuss there or purchase a technical analysis book from Amazon.com like a basic one or a detailed one or an "encyclopedia" of patterns.

Good luck and feel free to post questions after you have decided to do a little leg work first.
The Following User Says Thank You to brownsfan019 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #6

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,065 Times in 702 Posts

Indicators are just tools. What are you trying to achieve? The hammer I use for banging in screws (hehe) might be unsuitable for you trying to cut wood.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #7

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,038 Times in 296 Posts

I use eSignal, but the (very) few indicators that I use are coded in MetaStock and MS Excel. I have not found eSignal to be useful in this regard.

The three indicators I use are a Wyckoff Wave Chart, which includes certain volume and cumulative volume characteristics of each wave (this is proprietary), a leading stocks indicator, and a NYSE Tick indicator adjusted to the mean of the last 10 days. All of these indicators reflect supply and demand or no supply and no demand characteristics of the market. I trade the S&Ps and these along with standard volume and price are highly applicable to that market. I don't know about other markets.

eSignal has great data but I haven't found their programming system to be all that helpful. Explore Excel. There is a wealth of possibilities if you like indicators.

Unsolicited advice: Try to focus on understanding price and volume as you explore indicators. Indicators can be very helpful at times, but the real truth is always in the price and volume. For excellent references in this regard, look to the Wyckoff Course and Tom Williams's Volume Spread Analysis. Google Wyckoff SMI, Genisoftware, and TradeGuider and you will find a wealth of material that, if studied and applied well, will help you become the trader you wish to be.

Hope this is useful.

Eiger

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: