Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Johnny99

E Signal

Asking what indicator you like really doesn't mean much unless the person then teaches you how they use it. For example, in this post the OP mentions uses of 2 different moving averages. Those can be found on any platform easily. All throughout this forum, you will find discussions of different indicators but it requires YOU to do some leg work to find them and then research them.

And if that's not good enough, head over to stockcharts.com and read up on the many different indicators they discuss there or purchase a technical analysis book from Amazon.com like a basic one or a detailed one or an "encyclopedia" of patterns.

Good luck and feel free to post questions after you have decided to do a little leg work first.

I use eSignal, but the (very) few indicators that I use are coded in MetaStock and MS Excel. I have not found eSignal to be useful in this regard.

The three indicators I use are a Wyckoff Wave Chart, which includes certain volume and cumulative volume characteristics of each wave (this is proprietary), a leading stocks indicator, and a NYSE Tick indicator adjusted to the mean of the last 10 days. All of these indicators reflect supply and demand or no supply and no demand characteristics of the market. I trade the S&Ps and these along with standard volume and price are highly applicable to that market. I don't know about other markets.

eSignal has great data but I haven't found their programming system to be all that helpful. Explore Excel. There is a wealth of possibilities if you like indicators.

Unsolicited advice: Try to focus on understanding price and volume as you explore indicators. Indicators can be very helpful at times, but the real truth is always in the price and volume. For excellent references in this regard, look to the Wyckoff Course and Tom Williams's Volume Spread Analysis. Google Wyckoff SMI, Genisoftware, and TradeGuider and you will find a wealth of material that, if studied and applied well, will help you become the trader you wish to be.

Hope this is useful.

Eiger