Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Guest Tresor

Indicator with Data of Another Indicator

Guest Tresor

Hello guys,

Recently someone told me there was a quite broad use of indicators that are derivatives of another indicators. E.g. One can use Bollinger Bands with the use of RSI data (instead of price data).

This guy told me that such combined indicators (derived on data of other indicators, previously derived on data of yet another indicator) are used by quants and smart investors.:cool:

Do you guys use such indicators? Can you confirm if such indicators are of any use? Any examples?

Thanks

I am a beginner in trading, so maybe my case is just a newbie indicator fever, but I use a few indicators on indicators. Yet I must understand the interpretation. That limits me to usage of ROC or MA of some other indicator.

Guest Tresor
I am a beginner in trading, so maybe my case is just a newbie indicator fever, but I use a few indicators on indicators. Yet I must understand the interpretation. That limits me to usage of ROC or MA of some other indicator.

Would you mind telling which indicator on indicator are these and maybe posting some codes?

Regards

Guest forsearch
Hello guys,

Any examples?

MACD, based on the difference between 2 MAs

StochRSI, stochastic of an RSI

Guest Tresor

Any more sophisticated examples and how to use / interpret such combined indicators?

Maybe some screenshots :)

I recently started to observe an hourly ROC of VWAP. To VWAP please refer to jperl's threads in MP section. The interpretation is obvious: to measure the strenght of daily trend.

Guest forsearch
Any more sophisticated examples and how to use / interpret such combined indicators?

Maybe some screenshots :)

You know how to use Google. And don't say there's a lot of useless links. Try it, and you'll find some. A little bit of elbow grease goes a long way. :crap:

Guest Tresor
You know how to use Google. And don't say there's a lot of useless links. Try it, and you'll find some. A little bit of elbow grease goes a long way. :crap:

Please accept my apologies for asking questions on indicators in the "Trading Indicators'' section.

Regards

First time poster just dropped in this evening. Just today I began using a TRIX (15) indicator in Telechart, and while still evaluating it's value, I like what I see thus far. TRIX is toted as a fortelling of trend. At first impressions, I can see value in watching for the indicator to cross up as a buy signal. And have noticed it is lagging too much for me thus far for a sell signal.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/02/092402.asp

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=125

If anyone has had experience (or advice) with this indicator, on indicator I'd be interested.

Art

Guest Tresor
First time poster just dropped in this evening. Just today I began using a TRIX (15) indicator in Telechart, and while still evaluating it's value, I like what I see thus far. TRIX is toted as a fortelling of trend. At first impressions, I can see value in watching for the indicator to cross up as a buy signal. And have noticed it is lagging too much for me thus far for a sell signal.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/02/092402.asp

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=125

If anyone has had experience (or advice) with this indicator, on indicator I'd be interested.

Art

Hi, you can have look at how I used to look at Trix in conjunction with BR_Squeeze http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/106/why-so-many-indicators-but-little-3975-9.html Read the last post and the attachment ''STRAT_TRADERSLAB.rar''