Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

omrangassan

Point and Figure Charting : Volume On X's Or O's !

Point and Figure Charting : Volume On X's Or O's !

I'm looking for a software that has Point and Figure Charting with the function abilities to code such indicator that do this on the P&F Chart ..

I really want to have a help about coding an indicator that doing like this :

P&F Charting draws columns of X's and O's , and during forming such X's or O's there will be volume which represent the tick volume happens through such forming ..

Again : I'm talking about the Ticks that happens through the building of each X or O as an individual entity , not talking about the Whole column of X's or O's.

So : I'm asking about an indicator that counts the Ticks that happens through the forming of each individual X or O , Not the Whole Column of X's or O's.

My cheers ..

Omran : as to my knowledge it doesnt exist such thing, and I dont know if TS could be capable of showing such information on a chart... now your idea its very very interesting, because you would combine a very sutil volume analisis with P&F... I think that such an idea would need to be developed on a stand alone aplication with external data feed compatibilty like an esignal data manager... obviously that will require a professional programmer...

How would you display the volume? You cant put it on the X axis (as you only have 1 space per column) and you can't put it on the Y axis (as you only have 1 space per row).

I would hazard a guess there is/are P&F ELD(s) knocking around somewhere that you could probably modify.

How would you display the volume? You cant put it on the X axis (as you only have 1 space per column) and you can't put it on the Y axis (as you only have 1 space per row).

I would hazard a guess there is/are P&F ELD(s) knocking around somewhere that you could probably modify.

The solution is to write the volume as a number inside each X or O ..

What is the P&F ELD(s) ?

Have you got any ideas to help ?

I still look for a constructive Help ...

Check out Ant's Market Delta indicator. It has some elements of what you are looking for. It shows volume per price, but it is not P&F chart. It might be a good start.

Hello ..

Where can I find : Ant's Market Delta indicator ?

Where can I read about it ...

I still favour to include the concept of P&F Charting as it compress that whole data of the BIG PICTURE in a small view ..

thanx

The solution is to write the volume as a number inside each X or O ..

What is the P&F ELD(s) ?

Have you got any ideas to help ?

I still look for a constructive Help ...

ELD is the format of easy languages script files. Sometimes called ELA's which was an older format.

Rather than write numbers (that are hard to digest) why not use different shading to represent the intensity of the volume? You could have a background behind '0' go from a very pale red to dark red and 'X' go from pale blue to dark blue for example. That also preserves the symetry of the O and X which I think is important. You would need pretty large boxes to print maybe a 4 or 5 digit number in. Just athought.

I am guessing you don't want to pay for this? I came across a couple of guys who sell P&F software for tradestation. They may change there stuff if they could see it adds value towhat they are selling.

Cheers.

Oh btw I am guessing that English might not be your first language but by saying that you are still 'looking for constructive help' it kind of implies that the help you are getting is not constructive. This is not the best way to get people to continue to assist you.

Cheers.

Edited to add smilies don't wanna stir anything up :):):):):):):):):)

ELD is the format of easy languages script files. Sometimes called ELA's which was an older format.

Rather than write numbers (that are hard to digest) why not use different shading to represent the intensity of the volume? You could have a background behind '0' go from a very pale red to dark red and 'X' go from pale blue to dark blue for example. That also preserves the symetry of the O and X which I think is important. You would need pretty large boxes to print maybe a 4 or 5 digit number in. Just athought.

I am guessing you don't want to pay for this? I came across a couple of guys who sell P&F software for tradestation. They may change there stuff if they could see it adds value towhat they are selling.

Cheers.

it seems that you got my idea ...

It would be nice idea if you can share more thoughts ..

take your time ..

The guys I had in mind where

Point & Figures DLL Pierre Orphin

and

SnapDragon Systems Limited Adam Hartley

I have never used them there porducts or services but they offer a standard P&F solution for tradestation that they may modify for you as they do bespoke too.

I also came across some metastock code that might possibly be converted. I'll search for the link later.

Also There are also a couple of people that do inexpensive standalone P&F software they tend to read data from ascii or metastock files (I.e. no real time data feed) maybe they might include volume by request?

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of what you are trying to visualise though Id go with colors myself :-)

Cheers.

The guys I had in mind where

Point & Figures DLL Pierre Orphin

and

SnapDragon Systems Limited Adam Hartley

I have never used them there porducts or services but they offer a standard P&F solution for tradestation that they may modify for you as they do bespoke too.

I also came across some metastock code that might possibly be converted. I'll search for the link later.

Also There are also a couple of people that do inexpensive standalone P&F software they tend to read data from ascii or metastock files (I.e. no real time data feed) maybe they might include volume by request?

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of what you are trying to visualise though Id go with colors myself :-)

Cheers.

hi there ..

thanx BlowFish for all the ideas you come up with ..

regarding the first two links .. How can we improve it to include the volume in as i have asked ?

regarding the metastock code .. what does it do exactly ?

Oooooh :confused: : Whom are those the two new guys ?

It seems that you get me right , still wish to do it ..

cheers man

Is this something along the lines of what you're looking for:

Images | ChartHub.com

PNF_Volume.png

Very easy to do in MarketDelta. That chart shows volume at price. The X's and O's are optional. You can show trades at each price as opposed to volume at each price. You can display the volume or trades as a histogram instead of text. Alot of flexibility in this area.

One note on the chart above...I'm sure you'll notice that often the lowest X or the highest O does not have any volume associated with it. That is just the nature of PNF bar formations. A bar of Os will continue to form (and the volume will continue to flow to the O bar) until price moves to the reversal price. The first tick at that reversal price will start the new bar/column of Xs. However, the instant the X bar begins, 3 X's are automatically draw even though we've only traded at once of those 3 prices. Price may not trade back down to where the lowest X was printed and often doesn't. I hope this is clear.

Chad

I'm not familiar with the C# programming language, but attached is a file with all the chart types for NinjaTrader 7 and PnF charts is included. If you or someone you know can isolate the PnF code, you have somewhere to start in developing your code. NinjaTrader uses NinjaScript which is C#. See attached file. Personally, I'd like to see someone develop the code for the Wyckoff PnF charts for NinjaTrader. The Bar type code is located in My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / bin / custom / type / @BarTypes.cs

@BarsTypes.txt

Personally, I'd like to see someone develop the code for the Wyckoff PnF charts for NinjaTrader.

I can't understand what's for you need to develop such code for Ninja. because in chart preferencies somewhere in data series choose point-&-figure chart & you'll have the chart in the form of point&figure...

if I've understand correctly you question...

or Wyckoff PnF chart differs from that one in Ninja?