Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

vj2651

Tradestation Volume Avg

Is it possible to add another column in Radar Screen for the Volume Avg Indicator. Basically I just want a column to show the actual percentage of daily volume that has printed currently. This way I can sort by stocks that are printing the highest % of their daily average. Is this something that someone with no coding experience can do? Thanks in advance.

Bubs

Bubs Blog

Hi Bubs -

I am not sure if this answers your question. I have Volume Avg indicator on my daily charts. The chart can be set to any time frame for intraday also. I brought up radar screen, inserted a list of stocks and then inserted Volume Average. 2 columns appeared with this indicator in Radar Screen - Vol and Vol Avg.

Bill

Bill, thats what I also have but I want to add a extra column that shows what percentage of daily volume a stock has printed. Basically I want to look for stocks on my watchlist that have the highest % of their daily volume at a certain time.

Create new copy of Volume Avg indicator ( different name) and add the following line:

Plot1( TVol, "Vol" ) ;

Plot2( AvgTVol, "VolAvg" ) ;

if AvgTVol > 0 then Plot3(TVol/AvgTVol * 100, "% D Vol"); << new line

Thanks for the response. One more question I really don't want to mess up the indicator. Where exactly do I add this line? Here is the indicator. After I add the lines do I just save it and readd the indicator in radar screen? thanks again for the help.

inputs:

AvgLength( 50 ),

AlertPct( 50 ),

UpColor( Cyan ),

DownColor( Red ) ;

variables:

VVol( 0 ),

AvgVVol( 0 ),

TVol( 0 ),

AvgTVol( 0 ),

AlertFactor( 1 + AlertPct * .01 ),

AlertStr( NumToStr( AlertPct, 2 ) ) ;

if BarType >= 2 then { ie, not tick/minute data }

begin

VVol = Volume ;

AvgVVol = AverageFC( Volume, AvgLength ) ;

Plot1( VVol, "Vol" ) ;

Plot2( AvgVVol, "VolAvg" ) ;

{ Alert criteria }

if VVol crosses over AvgVVol * AlertFactor then

Alert( "Volume breaking through " + AlertStr + "% above its avg" ) ;

end

else { if tick/minute data; in the case of minute data, also set the "For volume,

use:" field in the Format Symbol dialog to Trade Vol or Tick Count, as desired }

begin

TVol = Ticks ;

AvgTVol = AverageFC( Ticks, AvgLength ) ;

Plot1( TVol, "Vol" ) ;

Plot2( AvgTVol, "VolAvg" ) ;

{ Alert criteria }

if TVol crosses over AvgTVol * AlertFactor then

Alert( "Volume breaking through " + AlertStr + "% above its avg" ) ;

end ;

{ Color criteria }

if C > C[1] then

SetPlotColor( 1, UpColor )

else if C < C[1] then

SetPlotColor( 1, DownColor ) ;

{ ** Copyright © 1991-2003 TradeStation Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. **

** TradeStation reserves the right to modify or overwrite this analysis technique

with each release. ** }