Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

MultiCharts cuts TransAct

FYI...

MultiCharts discontinuing support for TransAct

Quote from Andrew Kirillov:

http://www.tssupport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6404

TransAct and its white-label products will no longer be supported by our company. We apologize for the possible inconveniences this decision might result in for our customers. However, we do not believe it possible to continue co-operation with TransAct. There are three major reasons that have forced us to discontinue supporting the datafeed from this company.

1. We are tired of proving to Bob Winslow that they have bugs. Every time a problem with their data has been reported to Mr. Winslow, we have been told that we do not provide sufficient insight as to the cause of those bugs. Rudeness and the “couldn’t-care-less” approach has been the norm in their attitude towards us.

2. We do not believe that TransAct’s data will be reliable any time soon. Bob Winslow has explained this by the fact that they are not in the charting business which we “must” understand.

3. Every time there is a dispute, Bob threatens to ban MultiCharts from accessing their server, thus making it impossible for our customers to work.

We contacted James Zeidel, Mr. Winslow’s superior, who expressed his full support of Bob’s actions.

Under the circumstances, we cannot afford to continue co-operation with TransAct. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Well that sucks for me, do you know when they will cut the feed off. I heard that people were having issues with the feed but I thought that all was good now.

I know that lately allot of platforms worked on getting the Transact feed to work with their software, did they waist their time. Look at Market Delta they put allot of effort to get Trans Act feed, they cannot be that stupid.

Oh well,

Cheers guys and all the best this week trading,

email

The irony of this made me smile. The first two criticisms could certainly have been levelled at Multicharts in the early days, less so now perhaps. Whilst the majority of the guys and gals there a superb there is the odd person that can still be somewhat defensive and deny issues that clearly need attention. I'm not saying that MC is a bad product, just that it would be better and taken a lot less time to get where it is if certain people there accepted demonstrable issues that need attention.

Still, I digress. Sorry for you transact guys.

Guest Tresor
Well that sucks for me, do you know when they will cut the feed off.

This shouldn't suck for you. You should be happy that this data feed is no longer supported. I can't imagine making good trades on incorrect data.

Go for IQ feed or trade forex :cool:

This shouldn't suck for you. You should be happy that this data feed is no longer supported. I can't imagine making good trades on incorrect data.

Go for IQ feed or trade forex :cool:

The only problem with that is is IQ charges a monthly fee, plus the feed plus there is MultiCharts pricing. It almost makes Tradestation subscription affordable at 275 for platform and ES.

If anyone has a cheap feed for futures to Multicharts let me know. I like Infinity as a broker and prefer MC to Sierra because Ive written software I like for tradestation which I converted to MC.

thanks but i'll probably try oec demo with multicharts for a month or so which hopefully will be long enough to get my tradestation/multichart indicators i wrote myself coded for sierra by someone. then i'll just be paying 26/mo for sierra charting.

Hi Guys,

When i made my comment about the TransAct feed it was out if disappointment because I was very comfortable with the feed, and did not have to go out and pay extra for it.

What I am going to do is switch over to Interactive Brokers that's all, their feed will be just fine with Multi Charts.

I have been using MC for a year, and before that Sierra charts for about four years with TransAct feed, and can say I never had problems with either of them. I went to MC because of some easylanguage indicators I had otherwise

I would of never left Sierra.

Actually, I just might get Sierra (because I miss their charts) on my other computer with TransAct feed, and IB on my other so I can have two feeds.

Cheers,

email

Hi Guys,

When i made my comment about the TransAct feed it was out if disappointment because I was very comfortable with the feed, and did not have to go out and pay extra for it.

What I am going to do is switch over to Interactive Brokers that's all, their feed will be just fine with Multi Charts.

I have been using MC for a year, and before that Sierra charts for about four years with TransAct feed, and can say I never had problems with either of them. I went to MC because of some easylanguage indicators I had otherwise

I would of never left Sierra.

Actually, I just might get Sierra (because I miss their charts) on my other computer with TransAct feed, and IB on my other so I can have two feeds.

Cheers,

email

email, do you know anyone who can redo my ts /mc easy lang coded indicators to sierra format? here's a screenshot of my paintbars and macd. i removed everything else to simplify, but the paintbars go very well with boll band double bottoms/triple tops and midline breaks.

6-24.jpg.a98c54716faad053204c0311210272a3.jpg

Transact has officialy stopped supporting the Multi-chart application. We will be releaseing a new version of the price feed that will not be compatable with older version of Multi-chart.

For people who wish to know. Multi-chart owner is a very difficult person to work with who has trouble understanding simple things. One should make sure they have all sides to a story before they make choices.

Transact has officialy stopped supporting the Multi-chart application. We will be releaseing a new version of the price feed that will not be compatable with older version of Multi-chart.

For people who wish to know. Multi-chart owner is a very difficult person to work with who has trouble understanding simple things. One should make sure they have all sides to a story before they make choices.

are you TransAct?

is this an official statement?

please declare your name and position.

I am very new to all of this but appreciate any help. I am trying to make a decision whether or not to go with MC to convert my eSignal efs indicators into an autotrade program, along with their lifetime license. They want all my codes up front before they can tell me if they can do it, which sounds reasonable. I dropped Transact recently due to many problems and now have OEC which interacts well with MC, so I've heard. Any advice?

Guest Tresor
I am very new to all of this but appreciate any help. I am trying to make a decision whether or not to go with MC to convert my eSignal efs indicators into an autotrade program, along with their lifetime license. They want all my codes up front before they can tell me if they can do it, which sounds reasonable. I dropped Transact recently due to many problems and now have OEC which interacts well with MC, so I've heard. Any advice?

OEC has a nice user friendly application but wait untill this is resolved at OEC: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f218/oec-histogram-faulty-volume-7105.html

OEC data works very well with MC. Once you begin working with easylanguage, if you are not a programmer, you will find you can still create your own studies and strategies after a little practice.

Electroniclocal, do you use MC besides MarketDelta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched to MarketDelta as it has everything I need in one platform. I was using three apps to get the same that I now get in MD and its better. I still use MC to test ideas as I can do easylanguage (although nothing elaborate). There is not a good enough Market Profile for MC. One caveat about OEC, I don't use their charting package as all, just their DOM. I use other brokers as well.