Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

4xtrader2

The Subtle Trap of Trading: Why So Many Smart People Don't Make Money Trading

If you bought the book, do you agree with my review?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you bought the book, do you agree with my review?

• Totally dude!
    • I think the book was pretty decent.
    • I think the book totally sucked.
    • Your opinion sucks! Get a life!
    • I wish I'd spent my money in Vegas and not on the book!
    • The author is a God and you are the devil!

The Subtle Trap of Trading: Why So Many Smart People Don't Make Money Trading, And How To Get On The Right Track In Less Than Two Hours - Brian McAboy

It seems like most trading books are advertisements for the author's other products. In this case, the book while originally was a stand-alone, it is now the leader to the author's other products. :hmpf:

The book is also horribly overpriced for the content. :angry:

That said, Brian does a good job of identifying 39 mistakes that traders make. However, his "solution" for each one lacks significant depth. This may be because his primary focus is admittedly on process and learning systems and his forte is not actually trading or correcting behavioral issues in humans.

If a person does an honest self-evaluation of their trading habits they can identify many of the same mistakes that Brian comes up with. The hard part for any trader is to then find solid ways to correct the mistakes and make the corrections habit. This is where the book fails miserably.

The reviews on Amazon.com give this book 5 stars. I believe that is overrated by at least 2 stars because of the lack of depth to correcting the mistakes identified.

:thumbs down: