Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

shooly76

Stop-loss and Target Profit (round Trip Order Fees)

I have traded end of day in the past.. and paid for stop orders if hit (OTO), but never day traded live. so when day trading live, I only pay brokerage fees when my stop or target is hit? regardless of how many times I need to move them?

Ill be using NT7 w CQG data feed...is there still a specific order type I need to put in when using this, like OTO, or OT2? or just buy sell and stop straight up? I have sim traded on this and never had to put in a specific order type, just buy sell and stop directly from the chart trading feature. it never prompted me for specific order type

I have traded end of day in the past.. and paid for stop orders if hit (OTO), but never day traded live. so when day trading live, I only pay brokerage fees when my stop or target is hit? regardless of how many times I need to move them?

Ill be using NT7 w CQG data feed...is there still a specific order type I need to put in when using this, like OTO, or OT2? or just buy sell and stop straight up? I have sim traded on this and never had to put in a specific order type, just buy sell and stop directly from the chart trading feature. it never prompted me for specific order type

Yeah when your stop hits its considered an order so you pay commission. You can move it how many times as long as it doesnt get filled. You could just use NT superdom and it makes orders easier. Just click the price you want your limit at. Or click buy at market. And it has ATM strategy that puts a stop any size you want automatically and you even can make it so lets say you 5 ticks in profit, then it moves your stop to breakeven.