Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dee50

Where Does a Data Feed Really Come From?

I am having problems with my data feed, can someone who knows tell me. I have a zenfire feed, does the data come direct from zenfire or does the feed come via another server, the broker for instance? Can a feed be throttled down?

To avoid the obvious advice. No there is nothing wrong with my platform, Ninjatrader Support has been great and spent a lot of time trying to find a problem, but there is not one with the platform.

Nothing wrong with my internet connection, has been tested and checked.

Which leaves the broker and data server, hence my question.

Hope you can help. many thanks

once again. zen fire is based on rithimic technology. people with zen fire are paying higher commission on name only. that said. if u are with a firm offering zen fire, u are paying high price for name only.

what this mean is a brokerage created the name zen fire 4 yrs ago and sell it while the real technology or data feed company name is rithmic.

Just because your local connection is OK there could still be routing issues across the internet, they tend to be sorted quite quickly. How long has the problem persisted? Who's your broker? I would get them on the case even if it is not directly their issue they should take responsibility for getting it sorted out.

Thank you for your help. It is indeed an ISP problem, Vodafone in Spain has updated its service to HSDPA my Huawei 220 modem stick was to old to cope with the increased speed and couldn´t keep up. An up to date modem stick and the problem is nearly resolved, much improved, I can trade, but Vodafone have admitted that since they upgraded they have had many complaints. I have to give them their due, we were on the phone for over an hour, whilst conversations were had with technicians who are going to come to my location, rural Spain, and make some further alterations to the setup here. Also flashed my new modem and WOW what a difference.

Interesting to hear that the price data comes from rythmic for zenfire, but my problem was getting historical minute data, which apparently comes direct from the Ninjatrader server and is provided FOC by Ninjatrader. As for getting the broker to sort it out, if they can not interpret a trading statement I seriously doubt that they could sort out a technical issue!!!

Thanks Blowfish. You made me think about the routing issue so I downloaded a programme called Pingplotter, it it provides a graphical display of the latency, packetloss and the number of Hubs. My connection to Ninjatrader takes 17 hops, astoundingly Madrid, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, England and 3 in USA and the route changed occasionally to take in Italy, the software identified exactly where the problem was, it wasn´t Ninjatrader. Thanks to that I now have a fully functioning connection.