Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ijcrump

GFT Dealbook 360

Hi Gang..

I am using Dealbook 360. form GFT at the moment and although its a great platform I am finding it quite restrictive at points and a distinct lack of custom Indicators.

I have a list of questions if any one can help or point me in the right Direction.

Because this is a request I will keep it short and post more details depending on Interest..

cheer for help.

Ian

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my thread. Great start I might get somewhere...

Firstly I have used Mt for a couple of years and although its a very user friendly chart package I wanted an all in house broker, GFT was recommended to me by and experienced trader.

I like the Dealbook platform and its helped me get back to basics and leave all my Indicators alone.

yet there are still a few little tools that would make my charts loads better.

* A time shift indicator that i used on the MT it allowed me to make my 60min or 240min to shift the data bars back two hours so they started at 10pm sunday and not midnight.

* an ATR indicator that is text only on the corner of the charts it showed how much of the days ATR left or exceed.

* a fib extension tool

* save custom tools like custom fib tool

that would get me started and also introduce me to fellow traders that use the platform to keep updated with any changes.

cheers again guys..

Ian.

As far as I know dealbook is pretty much propitiatory to GFT (they may license it to one or two others). Long story short you are unlikely to get much help from anyone but GFT or maybe on thier forums (if they have any).

Traders that use it will be a very very (very) small percentage compared to more main stream platforms.

Ask away anyway some one might be able to help. If you are trading spot FX a free account with any of the MT4 bookies will give you a seperate free charting platform with a better chance of finding the indicator you need.

EDIT: What does deal book have in the way of scripting or programmability?

Have you looked at Ninja Trader or Tradestation?

I have used many platforms, NJ, TradeStation, GFT, FXCM, E-Signal, MetaStock, Omni Trader, ElWave, Market Analyst Gann adition, NeoTicker, Wave-59 and several others.

They all have positives and negatives, however, as much as I hate to say this, none compare to tradestation for all aspects. I have a love hate relationship with Tradestation, but find myself always back there.

I am seriously considering Ninja trader again however.

Jim

The main problem I find with Dealbook is what happens when you try to trade directly from charts. Drag an order, and it keeps jumping back to its original position. Other than that the software works well - better than Ninja in some ways.

Another is it's actually a betting platform (spread bets, CFD's, and spot fX bets) unless I am mistaken (which is certainly possible). This rather limits it's application.