Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Beginners Forum Interested in trading but don't know where to start? Post any questions you may have here.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: Woodies CCI technique.

Unl,
I peek in at the WCCI occassionally over more than 4 yrs. Very good, IF you combine it with internal analysis. The russell 3min chart trendline breakout of lows is extraordinarily profitable (that means GOLD) , IF you combine it with a turn up of market internals, i.e. advance/decline net avg, NYSE Tick avg upturn, Premium upturn, etc. Major moves. Just be patiant and take these trades only, like a hunter in a blind waitng for a dead-on shot. Try it and see.

regards,
Cogniato.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:46 AM   #10

Ignore this user

hence is it a system worth learning?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #11
cooter

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogniato »
Unl,
I peek in at the WCCI occassionally over more than 4 yrs. Very good, IF you combine it with internal analysis. The russell 3min chart trendline breakout of lows is extraordinarily profitable (that means GOLD) , IF you combine it with a turn up of market internals, i.e. advance/decline net avg, NYSE Tick avg upturn, Premium upturn, etc. Major moves. Just be patiant and take these trades only, like a hunter in a blind waitng for a dead-on shot. Try it and see.

regards,
Cogniato.
Could you post a pic that shows this trade in play?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #12

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,080 Times in 708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanz »
hence is it a system worth learning?
Maybe. Personally I would learn to read price rather than a derivative of price.

My experience of Woodies (though this was a long time ago) was things where not consistently applied and I personally could not make the 'system' as presented work.

Cheers.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #13

Ignore this user

Regarding Woodies CCI technique - I spent much time in that room. I recently found an article on ezine and went to the link where the complete article is and found this quite long article describing one trader's experience in the room. This article sums it up better than I can. I hope it's ok to post the link. If not just go to ezine articles and type in "day trading chat rooms" and the first link is the one. Otherwise try this: http://tuckerreport.com/articles/magic-indicator/
Hope this helps. If you believe what's in here, and I do, it might save you a lot of time and money and grief.
Ralph
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TraderRalph For This Useful Post:
Pretorian (11-22-2009), sunilrohira (08-23-2009), swansjr (09-09-2010)
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #14

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderRalph »
Regarding Woodies CCI technique - I spent much time in that room. I recently found an article on ezine and went to the link where the complete article is and found this quite long article describing one trader's experience in the room. This article sums it up better than I can. I hope it's ok to post the link. If not just go to ezine articles and type in "day trading chat rooms" and the first link is the one. Otherwise try this: http://tuckerreport.com/articles/magic-indicator/
Hope this helps. If you believe what's in here, and I do, it might save you a lot of time and money and grief.
Ralph
Thanks Ralph. The more time I spend in the CCI room the more I feel the same way as described in the article. I'm still wondering how they stay in this business trading for so long using just 1 indicator though if it doesn't really work, kind of makes ya wonder.. are they just rich and don't mind losing? lol. :p
Old 04-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #15

Ignore this user

well, it proves if people put efforts to it - they can make work any system - (in fx, other markets or in life)
two polar approaches - naked warriors and "we don't need no stinky prices" - black and white -and most in-between (not just gray)
worth it learning - sure it does, you learn where you are and what will work the best 4 you...

p.s. Thanks: # Thanked # Times in # Posts - what is it kindergarden or some cristian camp?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #16

Ignore this user

I dont think there is a winning system out there.. There are some gifted traders who use tools to help them win.. I myself have never made back the money I have spent on systems, software, data feeds, charting packages. This is gambling you have the same chance against the house in this arena. If you question the seemly successful traders in any room they all have been in the trading business for a while,, the rest of us come and go. You got to ask yourself, can I beat the best players in the world?? well, can you punk!!

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: