Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Beginners Forum Interested in trading but don't know where to start? Post any questions you may have here.

Like Tree1Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #1

Ignore this user

Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ?

Why you say indicators fail and price action always works ?

This is a different thread to my previous thread called "with and without trading indicators". Recently I followed a price action course at 2ndskiesforex after reviewing forex peace army reviews. Actually that was great experience with Chris and I realized that price action powerful and always works. I spent thousnads of dolors on indicators and systems and finally down to free Moving averages with price action.
Would like to listen to similar stories here.........
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Why You Say Indicators Fail and Price Action Always Works ?

In my experience, price action is the only way to go for being constantly profitable in all the market conditions.
I personally switched from indicators to pure price action trading after I joined the DnB price action war room, where they offer an excellent course consisting of an actual trading protocol with all the details about the various price action setups, how to enter, where to put the stoploss as well as the target profit. Since I apply the DnB protocol (quite a few months now), I am constantly profitable in the market. The price action can be applied to all the market conditions, and this is the main difference between indicators and price action trading.
When I was trading using indicators, such as MACD, RSI, and/or Stocastic, I used to have several good weeks of constant profit, and then all of a sudden those profits got canceled by few weeks full of disasters. Obviously the market conditions changed, and my indicator based methods were not profitable anymore for some reason.
I do recommend the price action approach to whoever wants to succeed in the trading business, and I would love to hear also the opinions from other profitable traders that are using indicators instead of price action.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #3

Ignore this user

The problem with shills is pretty obvious to folks who have been here a while.....one post and just by coincidence he is here to help the original poster (who is probably his/her partner)....

The "problem" with indicators doesn't exist....indicators are tools....no different than if one uses power tools like drills or circular saws to make furniture or cabinetry....in the hands of a skilled person, these tools produce a good result, in the hands of inexperienced persons, the result is often quite different...

Yes I teach folks (4 people several times a year), and understandably some are skeptical of me as well.....frankly I couldn't care less....

Good luck
Old 07-13-2016, 07:06 AM   #4

Ignore this user

There is nothing absolute, indicators don't always fail and price action does not always work.
SunTrader likes this.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:25 AM   #5

Ignore this user

Actually this is right, these indicators are market indicators but the market is also influenced by news release and other factors as well.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:46 AM   #6

Ignore this user

The reason 'systems' don't always work, is because they are designed to work in certain conditions and when conditions change - the system doesn't work as well. Price action is learning the repeating and predictable patterns of the market - and learning to take those trades which statistically have the best survival rate.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #7

Ignore this user

FFS

When will this insanity end ?

I have a cunning plan and vendors (and forum owners) are not going to like it
Old 11-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #8

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCzarina »
The reason 'systems' don't always work, is because they are designed to work in certain conditions and when conditions change - the system doesn't work as well. Price action is learning the repeating and predictable patterns of the market - and learning to take those trades which statistically have the best survival rate.
You forgot to mention forex. Have you been reprogrammed by a human or did they just spill coffee all over your binary codes?

EVERYTHING hidden in plain sight is the smoking gun TRUTH
Open your eyes, see the LIES right in front of you.

« Yea I'm a Starter | - »
Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: