Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Beginners Forum Interested in trading but don't know where to start? Post any questions you may have here.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
BAK

Ignore this user

Smile Anyone Ever Try Maventown.com Newsletter?

Hi,
As a newbie trader, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Maventown.com newsletter subscription? It is a bit pricey at &179.99 or $249.99/month depending on which service you select.
I would appreciate any input or insight.
Thanks,
Brett
Old 11-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,649 Times in 1,008 Posts

Re: Anyone Ever Try Maventown.com Newsletter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK »
Hi,
As a newbie trader, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Maventown.com newsletter subscription? It is a bit pricey at &179.99 or $249.99/month depending on which service you select.
I would appreciate any input or insight.
Thanks,
Brett
Wake up.
you will be wasting your money.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #3

Ignore this user

Never tried them but it sure is costly ...

MMS

Featured Brokers include:
NinjaTrader

Featured Services:
INO Trading Course
Old 11-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #4

Ignore this user

I've been using the free trial membership they offer, and so far, I'm pretty pleased. I came from Cramer's site, where you get a portfolio to basically copy. This is NOT the same thing. You get updates throughout the day of when pieces of info are crossing their traders' desks or when they're making a buy or sell. It's for traders who are looking for info before it hits CNBC or whatever. They DO beat the public to the information they give, by the way. Twice this past two weeks they featured a chart or piece of news that was mentioned a day or more later on TV. Their guy Carl Larry, is on CNBC all the time, just google him, and you'll see all the youtube videos.

In regard to the $249, I made that back on the first trade I made based on their info (GS Option trade). I do wish it was cheaper though.

Oh, they also post a weekly recap of the info on Sundays, which is open to the public to see, so they can't hide.
The Following User Says Thank You to doubletime For This Useful Post:
kvl123 (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #5

Ignore this user

DoubleTime,

Can you please answer the following from your experience.

1. If the information is coming from Maven is early, which is good, How did you take advantage of it by placing a option trade early in the morning? I thought options trade only starts by 9:30.

2. Do they also provide advice on exit strategry/price?

3. What is the difference between Platinum and Gold service? What service did you use?

Really appreciate your posting and help.

Regards
Old 11-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #6

Ignore this user

Smile Re: Anyone Ever Try Maventown.com Newsletter?

DoubleTime,

Can you please answer the following from your experience.

1. If the information is coming from Maven is early, which is good, How did you take advantage of it by placing a option trade early in the morning? I thought options trade only starts by 9:30.

2. Do they also provide advice on exit strategry/price?

3. What is the difference between Platinum and Gold service? What service did you use?

Really appreciate your posting and help.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletime »
I've been using the free trial membership they offer, and so far, I'm pretty pleased. I came from Cramer's site, where you get a portfolio to basically copy. This is NOT the same thing. You get updates throughout the day of when pieces of info are crossing their traders' desks or when they're making a buy or sell. It's for traders who are looking for info before it hits CNBC or whatever. They DO beat the public to the information they give, by the way. Twice this past two weeks they featured a chart or piece of news that was mentioned a day or more later on TV. Their guy Carl Larry, is on CNBC all the time, just google him, and you'll see all the youtube videos.

In regard to the $249, I made that back on the first trade I made based on their info (GS Option trade). I do wish it was cheaper though.

Oh, they also post a weekly recap of the info on Sundays, which is open to the public to see, so they can't hide.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: