Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Precision

Multicharts or Tradestation Interfaced to Ninja Trader.

I am using a trading system in Multicharts OR Tradestation2000i OR Tradestation8 and need to get this to interface with Ninja trader, so that I can have this system trade automatically with Futuresbetting.com.

I want to use multicharts OR Tradestation with Ninja Trader to execute trades.

The problem is Multicharts uses the format (DDE:SPZ) but Ninja Trader does not recognise the colon as Ninja Trader requires format (SPZ) therefore the symbol cannot be mapped.

Note: I know Multicharts interfaces with Interactive broker, but I cant use them because its taxable and futuresbetting is tax free spreadbet.

Can anybody help?

Note: I know Multicharts interfaces with Interactive broker, but I cant use them because its taxable and futuresbetting is tax free spreadbet....

Why do you think Futuresbetting.com is Tax Free ? I worry more about making proftable trade decisions, and I'm quite willing to pay tax on earnings. To my way of thinking , you already have your answer.

Why do you think Futuresbetting.com is Tax Free ? I worry more about making proftable trade decisions, and I'm quite willing to pay tax on earnings. To my way of thinking , you already have your answer.

That's a UK tax regulation, but usually the disadvantages of spread betting (wider spread) outweigh the tax advantage.

Thanks, but its not what I asked. Spreadbetting save the tax bills and futuresbetting is tax free. I need specific input about the interface. If you make small profits, then sure normal taxed trading is ok, but as more profits are made then spread betting pays off. Ive done the maths already.

As Harlequin pointed out in the UK spread betting is tax free. Though as for whether the spreads out weigh the tax benefits that depends on a variety of things. Unless you are a scalper probably not though.

Futresbetting have (up to now) a rather unique model. They offer direct market access in a spread bet 'wrapper'. This has the advantages of DMA and the tax incentives (for UK residents) of spread betting. The only down side is that the fees are a little steep compared with a regular no frills broker.

Precision your best bet (pardon the pun) is probably NT / MC support/forums. Dosen't NT support ascii file monitoring for trades? You could use easy language or power language to manipulate the string before writing to a file maybe?