Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Automated Trading Black box systems, strategy automation, algorithmic trading, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: FirstStrike Trading System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashedbgd »
Will it work with Amibroker for EOD data?
Sorry, not sure if will work with Amibroker. Maybe some else can help out here? As for the EOD data that could be done, but I've never tested it. My next plan is to continue to refine the system with other entry methods, exit methods and filters to see if I can improve the performance.
The Following User Says Thank You to jswanson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #10

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakrob99 »
Why didn't you use the BPM12 contract which is basically the same as the GBPUSD the system was based on?
Purely selfish reasons. That is, I like trading the Euro and I'm always looking for new ideas in this area. Also, if I remember correctly I did test it on BP and it did not do nearly as well as on the Euro.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #11

Ignore this user

amazing I read about this exact system on 1 of the metatrader forex forums back in 2006-2007.

The premise that trading less frequently was good.

Also at least 1 well known system developer has a system with good results called:

"buy monday, sell friday".

On that forum thread someone wrote a metatrader EA.

Being a newbie at the time I moved onto other things, but also just because it was metatrader, how trustworthy was the testing etc.

Interesting too see this again.
The Following User Says Thank You to gaoxing For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #12

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswanson »
Purely selfish reasons. That is, I like trading the Euro and I'm always looking for new ideas in this area.
Hi Jeff,

If you're interested in examining further EL strategy code for the Euro then drop me a private message - I have several things that I have developed but never traded. You'd get the benefit of hopefully seeing some new ideas, and I'd have the benefit of having another system developer's opinion of the robustness of my strategies.

Thanks,

BlueHorseshoe
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueHorseshoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #13

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHorseshoe »
Hi Jeff,

If you're interested in examining further EL strategy code for the Euro then drop me a private message - I have several things that I have developed but never traded. ...
BlueHorseshoe
So let me get this straight. Rather than help everyone by trying to develop a concept in this thread in public, you want to take it offline and keep "the good stuff" all to yourself. Does that about sum it up?
The Following User Says Thank You to bakrob99 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #14

Ignore this user

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Rather than help everyone by trying to develop a concept in this thread in public, you want to take it offline and keep "the good stuff" all to yourself. Does that about sum it up?
While I can't speak for BlueHorseshoe, I think he is planning on sending me code from something unrelated to this code presented in this topic (FirstStrike). I think it's his own personal code and simply wishes for me to give my opinion and any recommendations. So, I can understand why he may not wish to share it with everyone.

As for FirstStrike, I plan on continuing my research and posting it here with open source code available.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #15

Ignore this user

Quote:
Hi Bakrob,

You are correct in saying that I don't want to develop a concept in this thread in public, but incorrect in saying that I want to keep "the good stuff" all to myself. If you would especially like to see the code in question then PM me and I'll send it through to you - it's hardly a massive secret.

The approaches that I actually use in my trading (of the ES - I don't even trade the Euro) are things that I discuss regularly on this forum and think that I am fairly open about, so I feel that your criticism is a little unfair.

Kind regards,

BlueHorseshoe
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueHorseshoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #16

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHorseshoe »
Hi Bakrob,

You are correct in saying that I don't want to develop a concept in this thread in public, but incorrect in saying that I want to keep "the good stuff" all to myself. If you would especially like to see the code in question then PM me and I'll send it through to you - it's hardly a massive secret.

The approaches that I actually use in my trading (of the ES - I don't even trade the Euro) are things that I discuss regularly on this forum and think that I am fairly open about, so I feel that your criticism is a little unfair.

Kind regards,

BlueHorseshoe

Thanks for the offer. I rescind my early comments.

R

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: