Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Comprehensive Ignore System

Dear traders,

As with the new implementation of the business forum and providing a way to filter out content only to your interest, I have launched the Comprehensive Ignore System.

Here are the features:

1. Members can now ignore specific threads.

2. Members can now ignore entire forums.

3. Members can now ignore tags.

4. Members can ignore posts made by users listed in their ignore list.

Ignoring a thread or forum will no longer appear in your searches as well as the latest forum activity module. Adding a user to your ignore list will ignore all posts made by that user.

Below are snapshots of how to make this work.

Ignoring a thread

attachment.php?attachmentid=8496&stc=1&d=1225414202

Ignoring a forum

attachment.php?attachmentid=8497&stc=1&d=1225414202

Ignoring a user

attachment.php?attachmentid=8498&stc=1&d=1225414202

To modify your ignored threads, forums, or users you will need to visit your USERCP. A dropdown will appear allowing you to edit your ignore settings. Please see image below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8499&stc=1&d=1225415574

Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!

5aa70e989c263_ignorethread.png.232665e1eca0c0dad288250c20e185a1.png

5aa70e98a33a1_ignoreforum.png.1ce6a36f40a480666f3a9bc84924061a.png

5aa70e98a6f20_userprofile.png.9bbab07937ff5989c6c152be1b59d5a1.png

5aa70e98abf17_ignoresettings.png.4a8e26a0ea829199cdf6dd39f826eab1.png

Nice feature & appreciated, but if I want to ignore the business forum, I then have to go into 24 sub forums & ingore them........ can you not just introduce a feature within our user profile so that we can just ignore it.

I feel I speak for many on this subject, as the amount of new threads all on business, while it is impressive for the site to gain more traffic, it's really annoying if you only want to read trading related stuff on a trading based forum.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Nice feature & appreciated, but if I want to ignore the business forum, I then have to go into 24 sub forums & ingore them........ can you not just introduce a feature within our user profile so that we can just ignore it.

I feel I speak for many on this subject, as the amount of new threads all on business, while it is impressive for the site to gain more traffic, it's really annoying if you only want to read trading related stuff on a trading based forum.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Hi Blu-Ray,

Yes, I am well aware of the steps required to ignore many forums. I am working with my coders right now to implement a few more features that would make filtering out contents easier. Your request is currently under discussion as well and hopefully should be implemented shortly. Thank you.

James

I added all the forums in the Business sections under ignore, but they are still included in the count for unread posts. Right now, it is saying that I have 29 unread posts, but when I click on the unread posts link, it says that I have no unread messages, which is right since I ignored all the Business forums.

Can you fix that ignored forums are not included in the unread posts count?

I added all the forums in the Business sections under ignore, but they are still included in the count for unread posts. Right now, it is saying that I have 29 unread posts, but when I click on the unread posts link, it says that I have no unread messages, which is right since I ignored all the Business forums.

Can you fix that ignored forums are not included in the unread posts count?

Hi, thanks for the notice. I will submit this request to my coder as well.

Also you can read all the messages on page 1 of unread messages but the system still is counting filtered threads here (i think). So you can have 3 pages of unread messages with pages 1 and 2 blank.

Also you can read all the messages on page 1 of unread messages but the system still is counting filtered threads here (i think). So you can have 3 pages of unread messages with pages 1 and 2 blank.

This should work fine now.