Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Ban Users From A Thread

Hi all,

I have added a new feature which allows members to be banned from certain threads. Although the usage of this functionality will be extremely limited, please pm me if you feel it would be appropiate to ban certain members from replying to particular threads.

Reasons? The user might just be an ass. The user is creating hostility. The user is killing the thread. All sorts of reasons for this features. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have added a new feature which allows members to be banned from certain threads. Although the usage of this functionality will be extremely limited, please pm me if you feel it would be appropiate to ban certain members from replying to particular threads.

Reasons? The user might just be an ass. The user is creating hostility. The user is killing the thread. All sorts of reasons for this features. Thanks.

I'm waiting for Vbulletin to create an add on that will make everybody get along and be equally mature. A bit of a pipe dream but I am a dreamer. ;) :o

Is this something only setup for admins I would presume?

Have a good one James.

Hi all,

Interesting feature. I've been witness to some cases (on other forums) where such a function would've been greatly appreciated by many.

From what I've seen, there'll be little need for that on TL... very impressed with the way you guys handle the site :thumbs up:

If someone is behaving badly enough to be banned from a thread, their reaction and nature will be to behave badly elsewhere. I would expect complications and additional work if the mods have to apply to an administrator for banning rights.

Just ban the baddies if a warning goes unheeded, otherwise you could end up like t2w with rules and regulations several pages long and constantly challenged.

I've only glanced at a few threads here but it seems pretty clean so either the mods are good or the Barbarians haven't arrived at the gates yet :)

Richard

If someone is behaving badly enough to be banned from a thread, their reaction and nature will be to behave badly elsewhere. I would expect complications and additional work if the mods have to apply to an administrator for banning rights.

Just ban the baddies if a warning goes unheeded, otherwise you could end up like t2w with rules and regulations several pages long and constantly challenged.

I've only glanced at a few threads here but it seems pretty clean so either the mods are good or the Barbarians haven't arrived at the gates yet :)

Richard

yoo-hoo! nice gates you got here. :)

the tendency, from the "other site", is that a baddie would simply start a new thread to continue the fight. or stalk them across other threads.

if someone is acting badly, they shouldnt be allowed to post anywhere on the site. ie, warning, then a short ban.

its the difference between locking someone up, or imposing an injunction.

better to have few rules enforced ruthlessly, rather than many rules with ambiguity.

yes, agree with FW, better behaved people here, so these issues should be pretty much unnecessary.

I actually think this is a pretty good facility (assuming it doesn't get too onerous for admins). With the caveat that if someone keeps getting banned from threads I guess better to just boot them off altogether.

I actually think this is a pretty good facility (assuming it doesn't get too onerous for admins). With the caveat that if someone keeps getting banned from threads I guess better to just boot them off altogether.

Here on TL there are so many opinions and styles that we can't all agree. If someone brings good info to the table for MP for example but hates Wyckoff, and they stir the pot in that thread its a good banning tool. If they stir the pot all over though they should be banned altogether. :)

LMAO at Ed "I'll get my coat" :o