Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Introducing TL! Videos

Great effort. Can you make it in downloadable shockwave file format so that some of us can download it and view them offline? When I get connected to TL Video site, my internet speed drops down to 10 KB/Sec. You know how painful it is to watch video on that sort of internet connection.

Thanks and regards

R.S.I.

Could you provide a bit more information on this, or is this available elsewhere on the site?

Are these videos resident here? If so, what formats and file sizes do you accept? If not, where can they be posted?

What's the typical file size for these videos? Is there a limit, or does it not matter?

What programs do you suggest for creating these videos? Are there any decent ones that are low-cost or free?

Why all the cookie requests when entering the video section? Are they really necessary?

Hi Db,

The videos are hosted here on our server. The following formats are allowed: (3gp)|(mp4)|(mov)|(asf)|(avi)|(flv)|(wmv)|(mpg)|(mpeg)|(mpeg4)|(xvid)|(divx)|(3gpp)

The maximum file size per file is 100mb. The cookies are necessary as we had to integrate the video system into the forum system.

Regarding video recording software, I would recommend camtasia studio by www.techsmith.com. I havent experimented with other recording software so I dont know of any other ones that are as good. Try the trial first as you will get all the functionality.

Could you provide a bit more information on this ...

James beat me to it...but I can add some info...

Programs to create videos (capturing video from the screen):

Snagit has a video screen capture function, its a basic version of Camtasia, but it works. The latest version of Snagit is a paid product but a prior version is available as a free download from here.

The registration key code is: YW6RC-4YMK6-SZBBD-C2MCW-Q9D96

The business model seems to be, try the old version and if you like it there is a better one you can pay for, hence the free Rego key.

Also there is a free, open-source, product called Camstudio. I have tried this and it is very good.

Available from here.

with more info here.

Edited by mister ed

Hi Db,

The videos are hosted here on our server. The following formats are allowed: (3gp)|(mp4)|(mov)|(asf)|(avi)|(flv)|(wmv)|(mpg)|(mpeg)|(mpeg4)|(xvid)|(divx)|(3gpp)

The maximum file size per file is 100mb. The cookies are necessary as we had to integrate the video system into the forum system.

Regarding video recording software, I would recommend camtasia studio by www.techsmith.com. I havent experimented with other recording software so I dont know of any other ones that are as good. Try the trial first as you will get all the functionality.

The Camtasia price is a little stiff. The software I've been playing with provides conversion to animated gif, so the file size is much smaller (so far, less than a meg). However, I see you don't allow gif uploads. Any particular reason? You do allow gif uploads to the blogs, but only up to a half meg. Any reason for that, or can it be increased?

The Camtasia price is a little stiff. The software I've been playing with provides conversion to animated gif, so the file size is much smaller (so far, less than a meg). However, I see you don't allow gif uploads. Any particular reason? You do allow gif uploads to the blogs, but only up to a half meg. Any reason for that, or can it be increased?

Hi Db,

.gif files wont work on the video site. I will ask my coder to see if this extension can be added. I also increased the attachment size for .gif files to 5mb.

Hi Db,

.gif files wont work on the video site. I will ask my coder to see if this extension can be added. I also increased the attachment size for .gif files to 5mb.

If file size isn't important, then perhaps adding gifs to the list is not important. But for anyone who's interested in minimum file sizes, it's worth looking in to.

Thanks for expanding the gif attachment size.